Monday, February 16, 2009

Where Never is Heard a Discouraging Word


Happy Monday!

A strange thing happened to me yesterday morning. As I was setting up for our Valentine's Be a Barnabas Lunch, I heard a little voice say:

"No one will show up."

"Why are you even doing this?"

"You might as well just pack it up and go home."

The lovely "voice of discouragement" reared is always ugly and often-effective head.

That is when you know you are in ministry. :o)

I am not safe from these thoughts any more than you are. We all hear them. Even for a self-proclaimed God's Cheerleader, the spirit of discouragement can infiltrate my thoughts and, try as it may, it wants desperately to send me off course and not on the path God has for me. Does this ever happen to you? I bet it does.

Because our Father is fabulously wonderful, He sent a little message through Pastor Kevin yesterday in a special prayer during service for those experiencing discouragement. I knew in that moment that God knows me, and He knows what I'm going through every second. He knows you, too.

So do not despair. When you are on God's path, the enemy will use whatever tactic he can to make you doubt, worry and teeter in the wrong direction. But, by focusing on God, our paths are clear and our burdens are light. He promises that.

Philippians 1: 5-6 tells us "because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."

He has begun this good work in you. And, what God starts, He completes. Thank God for that! :o)

May your week be blessed and your service to the Lord be pure.

To be used by Him,

Chelle and Be a Barnabas
God's Cheerleader

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad God showed his love to you once again. Sorry Kaleb and I missed this one. I was so worried he was having a flu relapse. I thought about you guys that morning.